Wednesday 11 November 2009

The front line


This is me at last year’s Small Publishers Fair looking a bit glum, looking a bit bored. Although truly I enjoyed it – being stuck behind a table like being in the dentist’s chair: no rushing to do things, no emails or phone calls demanding immediate response; just being there, at the mercy of passing strangers.

This coming Friday and Saturday, 13th and 14th November, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Conway Hall, Red Lion Square, WC1R 4RL, nearest tube Holborn, I’ll be there again – with the CBe books of course, but also with the Ken Garland books of photographs I posted about some time ago but can’t recall when, and a new Christopher Reid publication never before offered. You need to be there, you really do. To leaf though books and maybe buy one; to gossip, pass time; to distract, charm or harangue me; to be part of something that’s more than worth your while.

No comments: